Merseyrail passengers can make the most of travel around the Liverpool City Region this Christmas as trains will be running on Boxing Day.
The rail operator will be running a special service between 09:00 and 18:30 on Boxing Day, calling at selected stations across the network.
The services will operate with six cars for maximum capacity, running every 30 minutes and calling at the following stations:
- Southport – Liverpool – Liverpool South Parkway:
- Southport, Birkdale, Ainsdale, Formby, Blundellsands and Crosby, Waterloo, Sandhills, Liverpool Central, St Michaels and Liverpool South Parkway
- Ormskirk – Liverpool:
- Ormskirk, Maghull, Aintree, Orrell Park, Kirkdale, Sandhills and Liverpool Central
- Kirkby – Liverpool:
- Kirkby, Fazakerley, Kirkdale, Sandhills and Liverpool Central
- New Brighton – Liverpool:
- New Brighton, Birkenhead North, Conway Park, James St and Liverpool Central
- West Kirby – Liverpool:
- West Kirby, Leasowe, Birkenhead North, Conway Park, James St and Liverpool Central
- Hooton – Liverpool:
- Hooton, Bromborough, Bebington, Rock Ferry, Birkenhead Central, James St and Liverpool Central.
For full timetable information, Christmas shopping and event guides passengers can visit www.merseyrail.org/christmas. Our customer service team can also be contacted via Twitter @merseyrail or WhatsApp on 0151 555 1111 for service updates and information.
Suzanne Grant, Commercial Director at Merseyrail, said: “As people across the Liverpool City Region prepare to enjoy the festive season after a challenging 20 months, we are pleased to be able to offer Boxing Day services this Christmas. “Whether you are visiting friends and family, heading to the boxing day sales or attending a sporting event we hope that you will consider using Merseyrail to get there.”