The Birmingham hospitality scene needs some serious love right now – especially our independents. The past few weeks have seen several of our much-loved bars and eateries make the gruelling decision to not reopen their doors. Many are venturing back into the city for meetings and taking advantage of the #EatOutToHelpOut scheme for business lunches and dinners. Whilst it might be tempting to pop to Pret or punish a Nando’s… if we don’t use it, we lose it.
I’ve listed 5 recommendations for independents in the city centre where you can dish on Rish and the socially distanced service is ‘locked down’.
- Zen Metro – Multi-award winning Thai food and a pillar of the business community located right the heart of the Colmore Bid. Near impossible to take a trip to Zen without bumping into someone from the district – even in 2020.
- OPUS – Just a short saunter down Cornwall Street from Zen Metro. OPUS is truly special fine dining with a focus on British produce and seasonality. PSA: they have lobster on the menu for August.
- Pulpera – Westide of the city, Michelin Star Chef Aktar Islam’s newest venture offering an Argentinian menu overlooking Brindley Place.
- Waylands Yard – bang in the middle of Bull St convenient for the Tram and Snowhill station. Perfect for a swift scran with proper coffee.
- Bodega Cantina – Quirky, vibrant South American street food short hop and skip away from New Street Station.