As the country slowly readjusts to a ‘new normal’ following the Covid 19 pandemic, Burnley College is racing ahead, supporting its ambitious Adult Learners to retrain, refresh their skills or restart their career dreams on a diverse range of courses starting this April.
Using its unique links with employers and expert industry knowledge, the College has identified priority training and employment needs across the region – and developed a versatile offer to meet those requirements – making our students work-ready right now.
It’s one of the pioneering ways Burnley College is making sure its Adult Learners, present and future, don’t miss out on a single opportunity to progress in their careers and reach their goals.
Forward-thinking Tutors at the College are delivering courses which lead to sought-after, career-enhancing qualifications in subjects ranging from Electrical Engineering or Welding to Business Management, Healthcare to Teaching and more – and now’s the perfect time to apply.
Karen Buchanan, Principal of Burnley College, said:
“We are committed to ensuring all of our dedicated Adult Learners receive the expert tuition and support they need to overcome any barriers to career success and change their lives.
“The world has changed so much over the last 12 months and we recognise our Adult Learners are eager to start their journey to success right now.
“We’re leading the way, delivering the courses our Adult Learners need and offering the individual support to make a real difference to their lives today – and in the future.”
The nation’s employment landscape has changed dramatically due to the pandemic with many people being furloughed, made redundant or struggling in business. Some industries are adapting to a changing marketplace and others, such as construction and healthcare, have seen an expansion in available career routes and progression opportunities for motivated individuals with the right skills and knowledge.
Reflecting the needs of industry and Adult Learners alike, Burnley College is proud to offer the very best tuition and training in:
- Brickwork | Carpentry and Joinery | Electrical Installation | Fabrication and Welding | Painting and Decorating| Plastering |Plumbing | Tiling | Upholstery and more
Health and Social Care
- Access to University to become a Midwife, Nurse or other Health Professional | Adult Social Care | Counselling Skills | Mental Health | Mental Health Awareness | Mental Health First-Aid | Mindfulness | Person-Centre Skills | Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health and more
- Early Years Practitioner Skills | Introduction to Person Centred Skills | Maths |PGCE | Pre-Access to Health and Social Care |Public Speaking and Presentation Skills | Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools | Understanding Young People’s Mental Health + more
- AAT Accounting |Lean Working and Business Improvement Techniques | Design Thinking for Business Planning | ILM Award in Leadership and Management | Introduction to Digital Marketing | Introduction to Google Tools/Analytics/SEO | Leadership and Business Development | Maths | Microsoft Office for Business | Sage Accounting/Payroll |Social Media Campaign Building | Working from Home – Business Continuity
- Biology | Chemistry | English | Maths | Psychology | Sociology
Principal Karen Buchanan said:
“We are proud to be leading the way in creating a learning environment where everyone can return to developing their careers, finding new opportunities and excelling in their chosen professions right now.”
There is no need to wait to start the course you need to earn promotion; change career or follow your vocation – courses start this April at Burnley College’s £100 million town centre Campus with free evening parking on site. To apply – or access expert individual support to find the perfect course for you – contact our approachable Students Services team on email@example.com or visit www.Burnley.ac.uk