Grab a free coffee, enjoy free train travel, listen to some live local music on your way into work or stretch out with a relaxing yoga session on your lunch break. They are just a few of the free activities taking place on Monday 15 January as Liverpool bids to bat away the January blues.
Organised by Liverpool BID Company, Yellow Monday rebrands Blue Monday, traditionally the most depressing day of the year, the free activities and offers are donated by city centre businesses to bring joy at the start of the week.
Merseyrail is partnering with Liverpool BID Company to offer Liverpool commuters a reliable and greener way to travel to work on Yellow Monday, giving 2000 free tickets for return journeys on the day*
Katie Bentley is Director of Strategic Partnerships and Communications at Liverpool BID Company.
“It might have started as a marketing campaign, but we know that the January Blues can be part of low moods. The environment we live in has a real impact on our sense of wellbeing, and knowing that we are part of a community that cares about one another gives us a sense of purpose and belonging. Music, mindfulness and a surprise bit of joy can do wonders for the mood and we wanted to give the city a chance to say goodbye to Blue Monday”.
At Liverpool Parish Church, end the working day with a relaxing Soundbath. A Soundbath is a meditative experience where guests are invited to relax and enjoy the sounds around them. For this event, Level10 Choir will surround the participants with a wash of choral sound.
It starts at 5.45 and continues until 6.45
Revd Canon Dr Crispin Pailing MBE is Rector of Liverpool.
“Places of worship can often also be places of meditation and mindfulness. The world is an overwhelming place, and often never more so than during the cold and dark days of January. This Soundbath is an opportunity to tune in and switch off, to let music and sound wash over you and help you to relax. If nothing else, it may be a few valuable moments to oneself to allow you to reflect on your day, think of your achievements and mentally wind down”.
The full list of free activities includes;
- 100 free coffees to giveaway with Bean Coffee at their three locations, Chapel Street, St Pauls Square, Princes Dock
- *Free Merseyrail travel for Yellow Monday: Must register by Thursday 11 January. Promotion includes one free return journey on 15 January 2024. There are 2000 tickets available for BID Businesses & employees on a first come first serve basis
- Live music from local artist, Mike Blue, at Moorfields Station (Old Hall Street entrance) from 8am – 9am
- Pastry giveaway with WYLDE Coffee, for the first 100 individuals passing Exchange Flags on way to work – starting at 8:30
- Morning Mindfulness Session in the Liver Building with Mindfulness Liverpool, followed by a trip up to RLB360 for views of Liverpool – starting at 11:00
- Lunchtime Yoga with YinYan in Horton House, at 12:15 – 13:00
- Soundbath at Liverpool Parish Church, 5:45pm – 6:45pm
- Social media competition to nominate a colleague for a bouquet of flowers on 15th Jan
- Yellow Monday uplifting office playlist
- Yellow Monday ‘Note to Self’ postcards in office buildings and given out at activities
Read the full list of activities here https://liverpoolbidcompany.com/yellow-monday/