Enterprise must lead recovery plan says Business lobbying group
Following extensive consultation with its membership, DIB has issued a 28-page manifesto entitled “Unlocking Enterprise & Entrepreneurship in the UK”.
Calling on the Government to be bold and invest trillions into the economy, solutions include:
- Zero VAT for the hospitality sector.
- Tax breaks for business, including National Insurance and pension contribution holidays.
- Tougher rules around Employment Tribunals.
- Beefing up of the Enterprise Allowance Scheme.
- Business-led Regional Skills Commissions to direct unspent Apprenticeship Levy cash.
- Greater devolution and powers to Mayors and Combined Authorities.