Downtown in Business and The Hospitality Hero will be collaborating to support the Visitor Economy and hospitality venues across the DIB network over the next two-years.
The chief executive and Group chairman of Downtown Frank McKenna said:
“We are delighted to have teamed up with one of the most dynamic and passionate supporters of the hugely important hospitality sector, Steven Hesketh.
“His ‘Hospitality Hero’ brand will add genuine value to the sector, and when he approached us to support his efforts, we were delighted to get involved.
“Downtown will be helping Steven and his team to promote Hospitality Hero conferences and training courses – and we will be hosting a series of Roundtable events and forums across the country, focussing on what can be done to support, protect, and grow the Visitor Economy.”
Among the initiatives Steven Hesketh and Hospitality Hero will undertake are:
- Industry events, collaborations, and conversations, with a calendar of ‘The Art of Hospitality’ forums across the country.
- The launch of a Hospitality Academy in Chester, offering quality training, upskilling industry employees, and educating newcomers with the necessary basic skills set.
- An online Leadership Masterclass course directed at Hospitality managers and entrepreneurs.
- Face-to-face consultancy for venues and operators who are looking for support during these challenging times for the sector.
- Support a ‘hospitality hero’ podcast series on the ‘Downtown Den’ media platform.
Mr Hesketh commented:
“We are looking forward to working with Downtown in Business, who have always been huge supporters of the wider business community, and the hospitality sector in particular.
“DIB works with the very best bars, hotels, and restaurants, and some of the industry’s top personalities across the country and they were the organisation that led from the front when it came to lobbying for government support for our sector during the pandemic.
“This partnership enables us to tap into DIBs network and utilise its excellent events experience and communication platforms to real drive the Hospitality Hero agenda forward.”